Maintenance, Facilities, and Transportation
Safety Statement of Purpose
The mission of the Maintenance, Facilities and Transportation Department is to transport all students in a safe, timely, and efficient manner at school and their homes with the highest degree of customer service. We will provide professionally trained and experienced employees, as well as well-maintained school buses to fulfill our mission.
We will also provide facilities that are useful, well-maintained, up-to-update, and cheerful learning environments, which in turn, can help reinforce positive attitudes and performance by students, teachers, and administrators.In addition, these conditions lead to a sense of pride and passion in both students and staff.
The goal of the Fairfield City School District’s Maintenance Department is to ensure safe schools and protect the health and safety of all students through upgrading schools and improving school facilities. Fairfield City School Maintenance inspects, maintains facilities, provides an on-going maintenance program to upgrade schools, and improves facility maintenance. Areas of responsibility include:
- Carpentry: Repairs glass, roofs, walls, floor covering, plaster, painting, blinds, doors, ceilings, and renovates and constructs new offices.
- Climate Control (Heating and HVAC): Installs, maintains, and repairs air conditioners, heating systems, air compressors, and boilers.
- Construction: Coordinates the design of new facilities and/or addition to facilities, and major renovations.
- Electrical: Repairs equipment, stage and auditorium lighting, gymnasium and athletic field lighting, scoreboards, security lighting, and custodial equipment.
- Electronics: Installs, maintains, and repairs master clocks, bell systems, fire alarms, intercoms, public address systems, televisions, and cable wiring.
- Environmental: Coordinates the removal of chemicals in facilities, oversees asbestos and indoor air quality program.
- Grounds: Cuts grass, shrubs, trees, and maintains fences.
- Keys & Locks: Maintains and install locks and keys of all buildings.
- Plumbing: Installs, maintains, and repairs welding, water pipes, and sewage system.
- Preventive Maintenance: Installs, maintains, and repairs fire extinguishers. Changes filters for heating and cooling equipment, and water coolers.
- And MORE!
Director Walter Curry 205-783-6808 email@example.com
Secretary Beatrice Blanton 205-783-6846 firstname.lastname@example.org